Harrow History

We’ve got previous

The Harrow in 1908 ┬ęKarl Vaughan

The Harrow in 1908 ┬ęKarl Vaughan

The harrow is one of the oldest public houses is Aylesbury, being over 200 years old as a pub.

The Harrow site was originally believed to have been the old farm house of the ancient manor of Aylesbury and dates back to the 17th century, so it’s no surprise when it became two public houses named the Harrow on Buckingham street and the Barleycorn on Cambridge Street, very appropriate for it previous uses. The first registered licensee is recorded to be Mr Thomas Clinton in 1753 of the Harrow pub on Buckingham Street. Unfortunately we have not been able to find out much more before these times.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this page